Goalies are often over looked on many minor hockey teams. As a coach it is critical that we take the time to develop there skills through strategic, well developed practice plans that work on a foundations that we build upon each practice.
How should the equipment fit? Click Here for a document outlining how to properly fit goalie gear.
What is the proper stance for goaltending? Click Here for USA Hockey's doc on goaltender stance.
Below are a variety of Goaltending Drills from USA Hockey's Website.
Click Here for a video on how to incorporate goalies into practice from USA Hockey.
Movement Drills- Beginner
- Middle Out T- Push
- Three Puck Movement T-Push- Video
- Off Post Small Shuffle Work- Video
- Middle Out Butterfly Slide- Video
- Three Puck Movement Butterfly Slide- Video
Movement Drills- Intermidiate
- Out, Over and Back
- Out, Over, Full Recovery and Back
- Out, Over, Butterfly Slide Back
- Out, On Ice Recovery and Back
- Zone Work with Butterfly Slide- Video
- Post to Post Butterfly Slide
- Three Puck Movement On Ice Recovery- Video
Movement Drills- Advanced
- Master Top of Crease
- LA Movement and Read 1
- LA Movement and Read 2
- LA Movement and Read 3
- LA Movement and Read 4
- Umbrella and PP Movement
Fundamental Saves- Begginer
- Middle Out Stick Work- Video
- Middle Out Chest Saves- Video
- Triggered Half Butterfly and Stick Saves
- Stick and Pad Control
- Wildcat Butterfly Series
Fundamental Save- Intermediate/ Advanced
- Gloves and Tracking- Video
- Zone Work with chest shot- Video
- Triggered Cross Body Glove Saves
- Butterfly and Full Recovery- Video
- Butterfly and On Ice Recovery- Video
- Appert Full Recovery
Fundamental Saves- Advanced
Click Here for a variety of Game Situational Drills from USA Hockey.
Click Here for a variety of Team Drills from USA Hockey.
Click Here for the Hockey Canada Goaltending Skills Camps Document outlining a variety of drills for goalies in all divisions.
Click Here for Hockey Canada's Begginer Practice Plan for Goalies
Click Here for Hockey Canada's Int Practice Plan for Goalies