Hockey Calgary's AGM
June 20 6:00pm to 9:00pm
2018 Annual General Meeting
The Annual General Meeting will take place on Wednesday June 20, 2018 at 7 pm (registration opens at 6:30pm) at the Northeast Sportsplex (NESS) Arena Lounge
Location: Don Hartman Arena - Upstairs
Relevant to: Community Council, Elite Council, Female Council, Recreational Hockey Council
Relevant to: Atom Bantam Junior Midget Novice Pee Wee Timbits
DEADLINE: Sanction request to host a tournament in September
August 12 to 12:00pm
A team or Member organization planning to host a tournament in September 2017 must apply online at the Hockey Calgary website by this date.
Relevant to: Community Council, Elite Council, Female Council
Relevant to: Atom Bantam Junior Midget Novice Pee Wee
Timbits Learn to Play
August 20 to August 23
2018-19 Timbits Learn to Play
The Timbits Learn to Play Program will provide parents, coaches and first year Timbit players an opportunity to experience Timbits Hockey and Hockey Calgary in a fun and educational environment. Players will participate in four (4) ice sessions conducted by instructors from Hockey Calgary with the assistance of volunteers designed around the FUNdamentals of hockey. Parents will benefit by attending the parents meeting presented by Hockey Calgary Executive Director, Kevin Kobelka where they will receive a copy of the Timbits Manual and have an opportunity to ask questions or share any concerns they may have.
- Registration will open at 9 a.m. on Monday, July 30 on the Hockey Calgary website.
- Participation is free and is limited to 360 participants (60 per session).
- There are 6 afternoon sessions available to register for.
- The number of spots available to each association is based on the number of players pre-registered for the 2018-19 season.
- Participants must be registered for the current season, and must select that association on the form.
- If there are no spots left in their association, a wait list will be kept and if a spot becomes available they will be notified.
- Participants must be properly equipped or they will not be permitted on the ice.
Hockey Calgary will provide qualified instructors to lead the ice sessions but a minimum of 5 parent volunteers are required to assist with the drills. No experience is necessary, just be comfortable on skates and have a stick, helmet, gloves and lots of enthusiasm! Instruction will be provided at the start of each ice session with drill activity diagrams posted at each station.
Timbits Hockey - Where The First Goal Is Having Fun!
Location: Henry Viney & Stew Hendry Arenas
Relevant to: Community Council, Female Council
Relevant to: Timbits
June 20th, 2018
August 12th, 2018
August 20th, 2018