Manager, Hockey Operations
Hockey Calgary is a leading minor sports organization and a member of Hockey Alberta. Hockey Calgary is the largest Minor Hockey Association in Alberta and one of the largest and fastest growing in North America. Hockey Calgary is dedicated to providing governance and strong leadership to its member organizations and committed to creating a positive hockey experience for all.
Hockey Calgary is looking for an outgoing individual who possesses extensive knowledge of hockey fundamentals with experience creating and implementing development programs to join its team. The Manager, Hockey Operations is responsible for the planning and implementation of activities related to league operations as well as the development of programs compliant with the standards set by National and Branch levels. In this role they will help develop and promote Hockey Calgary initiatives, policies and programs to greatly enhance the consistency and overall hockey experience.
- Provide guidance and support to Member Organizations and Councils.
- Application and interpretation of Hockey Calgary regulations.
- Coordinate annual review of Hockey Calgary Regulations Handbook.
- Lead seeding and reseeding activities for Community Council.
- Develop seasonal plan of all operational activities.
- Prepare weekly summary of Officials Performance survey, and work with CZRC on how to utilize information for the betterment of officiating in the Calgary area.
- Participation in Zone 9 Regulations Committee.
- Oversee key development programs such as ‘Timbits Learn to Play’ and ‘First Shift’.
- Recruit, train and support instructional staff for growth initiatives such as ‘Timbits Learn to Play’ and ‘First Shift’.
- Develop, implement and support operational program standards for Initiation (Timbits), Novice and House Leagues programs.
- Offer support to community partner programs such as PowerPlay and Football Hockey Link.
- Support HA and our member associations in improving the delivery of player development programs for our athletes.
- Develop and plan new player skill development initiatives.
- Provide leadership and direction to Member Organization Coach Directors.
- Work in field with coaches (with the support of our Associations) to improve their understanding and knowledge of Long Term Player Development (LTPD).
- Develop Hockey Calgary specific Coach Nights (seminars).
- Provide leadership and support to Coach Mentorship Programs being run at Association level.
- Build and strengthen the Coach/ Coach Director network within Hockey Calgary.
Other Related Duties
- Attendance at AGM, Operations Council and other councils, as well as any other meetings that may require information or support.
- Other duties as requested by the Executive Director.
- Able to present themselves professionally and communicate appropriately.
- Possess extensive knowledge of hockey fundamentals and development tactics.
- Experience working in a sports environment, having developed and implemented development programs.
- Have a demonstrated ability to work with volunteers, and an ability to create and maintain successful relationships.
- Ability to work efficiently, constructively and independently while managing tasks and time spent in a responsible and accountable manner.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends, as required (there is a great deal of evening and weekend work throughout the winter season).
- Have a strong proficiency with Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of internet and web applications, as well as specialty software designed for the sport of hockey.
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills – the ability to interact with board, members, volunteers, sponsors, media, staff and general public.
- Be a self-starter, possessing strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be able to effectively handle numerous tasks with tight deadlines.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and prioritize accordingly.
- Comply with the association’s policies with regards to screening (e.g. Criminal Record Checks) and conflict of interest.
Please send your resume including salary expecations to:
1111 Barlow Trail SE
Calgary AB T2E 6S2
The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is hired. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- There are currently no upcoming events. View more events »
Hockey Calgary Thanks Our Sponsor
Hockey Calgary Thanks Our Sponsor